If you’ve encountered problems with the recording form, please check the list below.
The recording form is designed to be compatible with most smartphone web browsers, but some older or more unusual devices may encounter problems.
If you encounter problems then please let us know, but the best option (and least disruption to your expedition) may be to record your finds on paper (along with photos if possible) and to enter the records on your PC or laptop once you are home.
The recording form is designed to work on recent versions of the major web browsers Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Safari.
If you have an older, unsupported browser then you may be able to upgrade quickly and easily.
If this is not possible, please email your list of finds and photographs to [email protected].
If you encounter problems setting your starting location for your list then try entering a place name or postcode and picking from the list of suggestions.
If you are using the form on a mobile device then the best way to automatically get an accurate location is to click the GPS button next to the map.
Having set a location for your list overall, it’s possible to enter a more precise geo-reference for each record, but this is optional.
Your records can be edited by re-opening the recording form. From the list of records click on the record that needs updating and apply the changes.
You can also find a link to your lists in the email that will have been sent to you as you began to enter the list.
Please don’t worry about duplicate entries on your list. We will only count the first record of each species, so additional records are not a problem.
The recording form will try to save your records automatically as you go along.
If your network connection fails then records will be stored locally on your device until you are connected to the internet again. If you have added lots of images then saving may take a few minutes.
If records are missing from your list on the results page, then please re-open the recording form to allow any unsaved data to be sent. You can also trigger a save using this link (or by choosing ‘save all’ from the lists menu of the recording form).
If all else fails…
One of our volunteers can enter all your records by hand but this takes us much longer so it really is a last resort! If you do have to email us your list, please include all the following information:
- The name(s) of the person/people who took part.
- Where you went (the nearest named place).
- A grid-reference for each record, or a grid-square for the whole list. Please note that we need records at 2km (tetrad) precision or better, we can no longer accept finds that only include a 10km grid square.
- The title of the list, for use on the website.
- If you have multiple lists from separate plant hunts, then please send each list as a separate email.
- Please tell us if you have already added some records using the app – it’s possible that those records may have reached us already and so we’ll need to check, to avoid duplication of data.